Tuesday 18 December 2012

A Little Introduction To Me

Hello people with internet access!

I thought I'd start of my little blog with a small introduction to me so maybe if you continue to read my blogs you will understand why I have the opinions I do. I have decided that for now I wont be giving away many personal details such as my real name, my friends real names etc. Maybe I will one day but since I am a first time blogger and I am quite a shy person I'm going to test the waters a bit first before I give too much of myself away. I will tell you however that I live in Ireland, in the great city of Galway and that as my name suggests I am a female gamer who doesn't think she is very good.

Now when I say I'm a girl gamer I don't mean I play Call of Duty 4 with my boyfriend and now consider myself a gamer. I have played PC and console games from the good old days of the Sega Mega Drive, Nintendo 64 and PS1. However I don't think I really would have called myself a gamer until I entered college. It was then I had the freedom to stay up until the ungodly hours of the morning playing World of Warcraft, the many Pokémon games and old reliable Super Mario. When I did venture out into sunlight and talked to other gamers who had gotten lost on their way to the many gaming stores we have in Galway they also led me on to the other loves of my life League of Legends, Guild Wars, Halo and Minecraft. If you decide to continue reading my blogs then you will probably see me talking about these games and more (especially Minecraft cause I loooove minecraft).

People will probably wonder why I chose the name 'Bad Girl Gamer' so I thought I'd clear that up before I start. I chose it because my blogs will focus on games, I am female and though I play games I am in no way a "pro" and can be quite bad at the games I play. I am not trying to be the whole damsel in distress female gamer who is hoping guys will read my blog because they see me this way. I just thought it was a catchy name that suited me and what my blogs will be about. I'm also not saying I'm bad when I'm actually quite good. I really am below average sometimes especially at LoL (my friends will vouch for this :P ). Anyway I don't mean to go off in a rant I just wanted to clear that up.

Games mean a lot to me, I have a lot of fun with them and I love talking about them with other people which is why I have started this blog. I will be updating at least once a week or whenever I have a random thought about a game! Obviously not everyone will agree with my opinions which is fine! Please feel free to comment with your own thoughts I really would love to hear them. Please try not to be mean about it though especially to other people sharing their own opinions. Lets try keep this a happy place :D

So this was a brief introduction to me the gamer and what my blogs will be about. I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to hearing your own thoughts and opinions about my future blogs!

In short welcome to my little corner of the internet! Enjoy your stay and please wipe your feet before entering :D


-BGG







No comments:

Post a Comment